The Gulf Islands are accessible via BC Ferries, air (primarily float planes) and private and commercial boats. The following links will take you to schedules accurate at this time. If you’re planning on coming to the Gulf Islands at a later date we recommend that you re-visit the schedules closer to arrival time – they do change. Also note that reservations will probably be required if coming by ferry during peak months between Tsawwassen and the Southern Gulf Islands. Reservations will likely be required to come to Pender Island by air as well. If coming to the Penders by boat, marina and dock information is located here.
- Harbour Air
- Kenmore Air -Kenmore Air provides daily, year-round seaplane service between Seattle and the Victoria Inner Harbour. Service to Galiano Island, Salt Spring Island and South Pender Island in the Gulf Islands is offered from May through September.
- Seair – Seair provides up to 8 scheduled flights daily from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to 6 of the major Southern Gulf Islands.
- Salt Spring Air – Saltspring Air offers scheduled seaplane service between Saltspring Island, Vancouver International Airport (YVR), Downtown Vancouver/ Vancouver Harbour, and Maple Bay on Vancouver Island. Saltspring Air also provides seaplane flights to the many Gulf Islands.
- Pat Bay Air – Charter flights
- Northwest Seaplanes
- Air Canada
- Pacific Coastal Airlines
- Vancouver International Airport – YVR
- Victoria International Airport – YYJ
B.C. Ferries operate a service from Otter Bay to Vancouver twice a day. Reservations are suggested and will save you time waiting in the ferry lineup. The toll-free reservation line is 1-888-223-3779 or outside North America at 1-250-386-3431.
Service from Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island runs 7 times a day. Reservations are not accepted.
In addition to cash and travelers cheques, BC Ferries now accepts VISA and MasterCard for on-the-spot payment of fares and for advanced reservations.
The local ticket booth can be contacted directly at 629-3344 to determine whether a specific ferry has arrived or is running late. Our ferries often operate late (when compared to the published schedule). The ticket booth staff is able to assist you in determining whether a particular sailing may be over subscribed (full early) or not.
- British Columbia Ferry Corporation
- Coho Ferry – Port Angeles to Victoria
- Victoria Clipper – Seattle to Victoria
- Washington State Ferries
By Water Taxi: