Pender Island has numerous docks and moorage options available.
Private marinas are plentiful with different levels of amenities available. Poets Cove Resort and Spa is a full featured resort offering fine dining, luxurious accommodation and a spa. Otter Bay Marina located just south of the BC Ferry terminal is well protected and has a general store, swimming pools and cottage accommodation available. Port Browning Marina has the local pub, camping and is within walking distance of the Driftwood Centre, Pender Islands only true mall. Thieves Bay Marina is operated by the Magic Lake Estates Property Owners Society and tends to be available only for owners in the Magic Lake Estate area. Casual moorage might be available.
There are CRD public wharfs located at Hope Bay, Port Washington and Port Browning on North Pender Island. These docks are often crowded but provide affordable short term moorage for those that don’t require electricity or are only visiting for a few hours. The Hope Bay dock is adjacent to the Hope Bay Store and its’ amenities while the Port Browning dock is within walking distance of the Driftwood Centre.
Good anchorage is available in busy Port Browning and at Beaumont, part of the Gulf Islands National Park Reserve of Canada. Beaumont is ideally situated near Poets Cove Resort.
- Hope Bay Government Wharf – a great spot during good weather but very exposed
- Hope Bay Visitor Anchorage – Anchorage is available for two vessels visiting The Hope Store complex
- Otter Bay Marina (250) 629-3579
- Poets Cove Marina & Resort (888) 512-7638
- Port Browning Government Wharf – often crowded
- Port Browning Marina Resort
- Port Washington Government Wharf
- Thieves Bay Marina