Unlike a few decades ago, modern Pender Island is fortunate to have a good choice of coffee shops and restaurants available. Most are open year round although some may have limited hours during the slower winter season. If you enjoy your meal, please let the owners and staff know that The Pender Island Guide supports their services. We’ve come a long way.
We have linked to as many of the restaurant web sites as possible, please mention to them that you located them on The Pender Island Guide.
- Philly’s Diner – On the dock at beautiful Hope Bay. Good food and a great view! (250) 629-2090
- Woods on Pender – Located at Woods on Pender. (250) 629-3353
- Otter Bay Marina – Otter Bay Marina has a small Bistro at the marina. (250) 629-3579
- Vanilla Leaf Bakery Cafe – Located at the Driftwood Centre. Great bread, excellent paninis, take out pizza. (250) 629-6453
- Jo’s Place – Located at the Driftwood Centre. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. (250) 629-6033
- Pender Sushi – Fully licensed authentic Japanese cuisine on Pender Island. Very good and personally recommended! (250) 629-6263. Located at Pender Island’s excellent Pender Island Golf & Country Club.
- Poets Cove Aurora Restaurant and Syrens Lounge – On South Pender at Poets Cove Resort and Spa. The best view of any restaurant on the island, spectacular sunsets. (250) 629-2100 (888) 512-7638
- Port Browning Cafe & Pub – Turkey Tuesdays, fish & chips, the place to meet the locals. (250) 629-3493
- The Stand – Located at the Otter Bay ferry terminal, great burgers and fries, a local favourite. It’s worth getting to the ferry early to enjoy this local institution! (250) 629-3292
- Slow Coast Café – Located next to the Magic Lake Market